Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tree Integrity

I love to look at trees. I truly get a sense of joy looking at the twists and bends of the branches. I really love finding their scars. Whether it's a nice pruning job or a nasty lightning strike.. I love to see the scars and guess how it happened.
I wish I could drive around with a saw and "fix" some of the pruning jobs I've seen lately. People get suckered in everyday!! Just b/c you have a piece of paper saying that you CAN cut a few branches obviously does not mean that you should!!
There are lots of Historic Live Oaks in my area. As these enormous Octopus tentacle trees get larger and grow older, the pruning they received in the first 10 to 15 years really can make a difference. This is usually only in the case of such a tree at a residence or near a business.
Forethought about the true size of most trees should really be considered before you plant any type of tree.

Just a little vent today lol no "really" good info. I'll be back in the swing of things soon.

D

0 comments: